ACC: Communications options are installed inside the ACC controller cabinet. No additional enclosures or power are necessary for these options.
System configurations (ACC Controllers)
Step 1 Determine how you will reach the first controller on each Site.
- Dial-up landline: Add ACC-COM-POTS to controller (analog phone line only, does not support VoIP lines)
- Hardwire cable: Add one IMMS-CCC at the computer, and
- ACC-COM-HWR plus one ACC-HWIM at the controller
- GSM cell phone: Add ACC-COM-GSM to controller (requires CSD service plan)
- Ethernet local area network: Add ACC-COM-LAN at the controller, and connect to the network (RJ-45 jack)
- GPRS cell phone: Add ACC-COM-GPRS to controller (requires GPRS coverage and service contract) If no additional controllers are located on the site, use ACC-P2P-GPRS instead.
Step 2 Determine how that first controller will reach the other controllers on the Site.
- If by radio, add one RAD3 (US) or RAD460INT (international) plus antenna to the controller
- If by hardwire cable, add one ACC-HWIM (if it is not already present as in 1)
Step 3 Equip the other controllers. Add one ACC-COM-HWR to each
- One ACC-HWIM when hardwire connection will be necessary
- One RAD3 plus antenna when radio connections are necessary
Consult factory for detailed system design information.
Many other configurations possible, consult factory or System Design Guide for details.
- ACC-COM-HWR, POTS, GSM, LAN, GPRS
- 3¼" x 4½" x 1¾"
- Powered internally via data connection
- Mounted internally to ACC controller
- RAD3, RAD460INT: 450-470 MHz, UHF Radios, Power Output: 1 Watt, Bandwidth: 12.5 kHz narrowband
- ACC-HWIM: Hardwire interface module for 4-20 ma loop communications, includes 8 color-coded terminals for GCBL connection. Installs inside ACC controller cabinets or pedestals.
- ACC-COM-LAN requires fixed IP address from system administrators.
- ACC-COM-GPRS and ACC-P2P-GPRS requirely monthly service plans
Cable GCBL shielded, two twisted pair 18 AWG wire with ground wire, up to 10,000’ between each device