Flow-Sync - Installing HFS and FCT TEE
The Flow-Sync Sensor is designed to install within an FCT tee fitting, sized for the pipe in which it will be installed.
For international applications, optional slip-BSP adapters are available separately for sizes up to 75 mm.
Install the FCT tee fitting first, then install the Flow-Sync Sensor into the fitting.
|Model||Material||Diameter (US)||Diameter (mm)|
|FCT 100||Schedule 40 (white)||1"||25 mm|
|FCT 150||Schedule 40 (white)||1.5"||37 mm|
|FCT 158||Schedule 80 (gray)||1.5"||37 mm|
|FCT 200||Schedule 40 (white)||2"||50 mm|
|FCT 208||Schedule 80 (gray)||2"||50 mm|
|FCT 300||Schedule 40 (white)||3"||75 mm|
|FCT 308||Schedule 80 (gray)||3"||75 mm|
|FCT 400||Schedule 40 (white)||4"||100 mm|
- Install the FCT tee fitting first, then install the Flow-Sync Sensor into the fitting.
- Observe the following general rules when choosing the sensor location and preparing to install:
- Flush system with plug in place before installing the Flow-Sync sensor, to prevent damage to the impeller.
- Always install Flow-Sync together with a Master Valve, to provide overflow protection.
- Install the Flow-Sync and Master Valve as near the point of connection to the water supply as possible.
- Flow-Sync requires a section of straight pipe on either side of the tee fitting to provide accurate measurement of flow. Tees, ells, and other fittings cause turbulence which affects accuracy.
- There must be a length of straight pipe (with no fittings) at least 10 times the diameter of the pipe upstream from the Flow-Sync (toward the water supply).
- There must be a length of straight pipe (with no fittings) at least 5 times the diameter of the pipe in the down- stream direction (toward the sprinklers).
- Example: FCT-200 is installed in a 2"/50 mm diameter pipe. The tee should have 20"/50 cm of straight pipe upstream, and 10"/25 cm straight pipe downstream.
- Install the Flow-Sync and FCT assembly in a sturdy irrigation valve box.
- Flow-Sync has an impeller which will turn in the flow of water. If the water source is not a public water supply, add a filter upstream from the Master Valve and Flow-Sync to protect
- the impeller from rocks or stones, which may damage the impeller.
The FCT tee fitting is designed for glue (“slip”) connection. Use approved PVC solvent-welding glue to install either threaded fittings, or directly into the irrigation pipe if desired.
- Minimum 10x pipe diameter from nearest turn in system
- MAIN LINE OR LATERAL LINE
- WATER FLOW
- Minimum 5x pipe diameter from nearest turn in system
Note: Avoid excess glue when attaching fittings. Uncured blobs of excess glue on the fitting’s interior can interfere with paddlewheel operation.