Pro-C - Setting a Watering Day Schedule
- Turn the dial to the Water Days position.
- The display will show the last program selected (A, B, or C). You can switch to another program by pressing the button.
- The controller displays currently programmed active day schedule information. You can choose to water on specific days of the week, or you can choose interval watering, or choose to water on odd days or even days. Each program can operate using only one type of water day option.
- The display will have a flashing character depending upon which mode the controller was last programmed to operate. If you see a flashing symbol over "MON", the controller is in the selecting specific days of week to water. If you see an ODD or EVEN flashing, the controller is in the ODD/EVEN mode. If you see the "MON" flashing, the controller is in the Interval mode.
When you want to program specific days of the week to water make sure the symbol above "MON" is flashing. If not, press the button until you see the icon or icon flashing above "MON".
Press the button to activate a particular day of the week to water (the display always starts with Monday). Press the button to cancel watering for that day. After pressing a button the display automatically advances to the next day. A icon indicates a water day. A icon indicates a no water day. The display right shows watering days as MON, TUE, WED, FRI, and SAT, no watering on THU and SUN.
On some models of the older Pro-C controller (green buttons), when you select a no water day, you will not see a icon above the day selected as a no water day. There will be no symbol above no water days. You still will see a icon above the days set to water.
This feature uses numbered day(s) of the month for watering instead of specific days of the week (odd days: 1st, 3rd, 5th, etc.; even days: 2nd, 4th, 6th, etc.)
- When you want to program ODD or EVEN days to water, press the button until you see the icon or icon flashing above "SUN".
- Press the button once, ODD will flash on the display. The controller is now set to water on ODD Days.
- If you want to water on EVEN days, press the button once. EVEN will flash on the display. The controller is now set to water on EVEN Days. You can move back and forth between ODD and EVEN by pressing the button.
- Once ODD or EVEN day watering is chosen, turn the dial back to the RUN position to set watering days.
NOTE: The 31st of any month and February 29th are always "OFF" days if ODD watering is selected.
On the older Pro-C controller (green buttons) set the ODD or EVEN using the following instructions:
- Press the button until you see a flashing number on the upper left of display with the word interval below. Press the button to set the number to "1".
- To set EVEN days to water, press the button until the ODD flashes, then press the button once. You will see a icon flashing above "ODD". This indicates an interval of 1 day with NO ODD Day watering. The controller will water every EVEN day.
- To set ODD days to water, press the button until the EVEN flashes, then press the button once. You will see a icon flashing above "EVEN". This indicates an interval of 1 day with NO EVEN Day watering. The controller will water every ODD day.
This feature is convenient if you want to have a more consistent watering schedule without having to worry about the day of the week or the date. The interval you select is the amount of days between watering including the water day.
Turn the dial to the WATER DAYS position. If the icon drop above “MON” is flashing, proceed to step 2. If the symbol above “MON” is not flashing, press the button until the interval number appears on display (see step 2).
Press the button until ODD or EVEN is flashing, and then press the button one more time. The display will change to the interval mode and the Interval Day number will be flashing on the upper left of the display. You will see the word “interval” below the number.
The number of days between watering, or the interval, will be flashing. Use the or buttons to select the number of days desired between watering. With the number 1 is flashing, press the button once. The display will now show two numbers: the interval and the days left on the interval. A number 1 indicates every day watering. A number 2 would indicate every other day. The interval can be set from 1-31 days between watering.
When you change from a 1 day interval to a 2 day interval, you will see the days left number of the right of the display. To change the days left in the interval press the button once. The days left will be flashing, press the or to select the number of days until the next desired watering. One day left means it will water the next day.
When using the interval it is best to have all days set to water. On the bottom of the display, if you see icon above any day, press the button until the day is flashing. Press the button to remove icon from day.
- Turn the dial to the WATER DAYS position.
- Enter an interval watering schedule as described on in Setting Interval Watering above.
- Press the button once. MON will be flashing.
- Use the button until the cursor is at the day of the week you wish to set as a No Water Day.
- Press the button to set this day as a no water day. The will illuminate over this day.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 until all desired event day(s) are off.