Re-addressing my Wireless Valve System Controller (WVC)
Each WVC controller requires a unique 3-digit identification number for proper radio operation with the WVP. Setting unique addresses for each WVC allows for separate radio programming and manual operations with individual WVC controllers even though other controllers may be in the surrounding area. The unique address is a 3-digit number from 000 to 999. Once the address is set, you must remember the ID for future operation.
To set the unique address on the WVC:
- Press the Transmit/Receive button on the WVP handle to the communications mode. The lower portion of the display will illuminate. The Transmit/Receive arrow will be flashing.
- Use the “+” or “-“ buttons to change the 3-digit identification number. Use the button to make sure that the WVP is in the transmit mode with the arrow on the display pointing towards the address icon.
- Unscrew the rear half on the WVC body to gain access to the battery compartment.
- Remove the 9-volt battery from the battery compartment and then re-install battery.
- Wait for the red light inside the battery compartment to illuminate, this may take 10-15 seconds.
- Immediately press and hold the Transmit/Receive button on the WVP. The WVP will beep twice when transmission commences. Release the button.
- The WVP will beep twice again when the identification number has been learned by the WVC.
- If the WVP illuminates the failed to communicate icon then start over from step 4.