SSGs are groups of 2, 3, or 4 stations that are grouped electronically. They will then all run together and are programmed as a single unit. Up to 20 SSGs can be created in the ACC controller. This powerful feature can be used to balance flow, shorten the water window, simplify programming, and expedite common tasks. SSGs can be included in automatic programs or custom manual programs and can be started manually from the controller at any time. They can also be named to make using them easier. SSGs are not required to operate the ACC controller. They are a valuable extra feature for advanced users.
IMPORTANT: Prior to adding a station in an SSG group, please make sure the run times are set to 0:00 in all programs.
- Turn the dial to the Set Program Overlap Options position.
- Use the +/- buttons to select SSG/SmartStack.
- Turn the dial to any other position to save the setting.
- Hold down the Information button, and turn the dial back to the Set Program Overlap Options position.
- Release the Information button, and the SSG Setup screen will appear.
- The first possible SSG will be presented as STA GRP 01, and will display 4 rows (dashed lines in a new installation, station numbers if they have already been programmed). Each line is for a station that can become a member of the SSG.
- Use the down arrow to go to the first dashed line (or existing station number).
- Use the +/- buttons to select a station number. Once a station has been assigned to an SSG, it is no longer available for other SSGs, and will not appear as one of the choices while pressing + or – in other SSGs. Once a station has been programmed into an SSG, this station will no longer be available individually as a single station outside of the SSG. If a station in an SSG is viewed individually in the Station Run Times position, the run time will be filled with asterisks (**:**:**) and the screen will show the SSG to which the station belongs, instead. No run time may be entered for an SSG station individually. If a station has an individual run time in a program, that station will not be able to be programmed into an SSG. While entering stations into an SSG, the stations that already have a programmed run time will be skipped over, and the only stations with no run time will be shown.
- Use the down arrow to go to the next station line, to add another station to the SSG.
- Include 2, 3, or 4 stations in the SSGs as needed. (It is possible to create an SSG of only 1 station, but this defeats the purpose of the SSG- single stations may be mixed in a program with SSGs, as long as they are not SSG members.)
- When the SSG is complete, you can create another SSG without exiting the dial position.
- Use the up arrow to move back to the STA GRP location.
- Press +/- to select another STA GRP number.
- Continue to add stations and create SSGs until all desired groups are created and populated.
- Turn the dial to any other position to save. The SSG groups that you have programmed can be found within the “Set Station Run Times” position after the last station number in the controller, or by going backward from station 1. The same is true for the “Manual Operation” dial position (the SSG groups will be found after the highest-numbered individual station).
- Turn the dial to the SET STATION RUN TIMES position.
- Select the Program (A – F) by pressing the Program button.
- Press the down arrow button to add run times to each of the SSG groups. They will always appear before ZONE 1.
- Press the + or – button to change the value of the flashing cursor. The cursor initially appears in the minutes field.
- Press the right and left arrow buttons to change from minutes to hours or seconds cursor positions.
- Set the run time in h:mm:ss format. Run times may be from 1 second to 6 hours, or any increment in between.
Still need help? We're here.
Tell us what you need support with and we'll find the best solution for you.