Pro-Spray® PRS Sprinkler Bodies Meet New State Mandates for Pressure Regulation
An ever-growing number of state legislatures and regulatory agencies across the United States are mandating the use of pressure-regulated irrigation products to maximize water-use efficiency.
To meet these stringent new requirements for water conservation, irrigation product manufacturer Hunter Industries offers a full suite of pressure-regulated Pro-Spray Sprinkler Bodies — the first in the industry to be WaterSense® Certified by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.
Beginning in 2023, the following states will implement new pressure regulation requirements for irrigation products offered for sale that comply with the water efficiency and performance criteria of the EPA WaterSense® Specification for Spray Sprinkler Bodies.
New Regulations Coming Soon
- Maine: Manufactured on or after January 1, 2023
- New Jersey: Manufactured on or after January 1, 2023
- Oregon: Manufactured on or after January 1, 2023
- Rhode Island: Manufactured on or after January 1, 2023
The additional states below already have already instituted pressure regulation requirements:
Laws Already in Effect
- Vermont: Sold on or after July 1, 2020
- California: Manufactured on or after October 1, 2020
- Colorado: Sold on or after January 1, 2021
- Hawaii: Sold on or after January 1, 2021
- Washington: Manufactured on or after January 1, 2021
- Massachusetts: Sold on or after January 1, 2022
- Washington, D.C.: Sold on or after March 15, 2022
A Simple Solution from a Trusted Brand
To help comply with these mandates, innovative Pro-Spray PRS30 and PRS40 Sprinkler Bodies from Hunter Industries feature built-in pressure regulation technology that saves up to 30% more water compared to systems without pressure regulation. Brown and gray caps make the products quick and easy to identify for compliance.
These water-saving sprinklers provide a range of benefits, including the same body across all models for easy retrofits, a co-molded wiper seal for leak-free operation even with a loose cap, and a factory- or field-installed check valve for added flexibility.
“Conserving our most precious natural resource while supporting the growth of green infrastructure is entirely possible with the use of our trailblazing pressure-regulated products. We’re proud to provide the landscape irrigation industry with the most advanced and comprehensive water-saving solutions available.”
–Kelsey Jacquard, Category Manager
The complete offering of Hunter Pro-Spray PRS Sprinkler Bodies is available on the EPA WaterSense website and hunterindustries.com.