Place the ICD-HP in Flash Mode.
- Connect the supplied USB cable to the ICD-HP. The mini-USB connector on ICD-HP is underneath the blue screw down cap on the connector end of the ICD-HP. (This is a standard mini-USB and replacements can be purchased at electronics stores, if necessary.)
- Turn the ICD-HP power off with the power button.
- Press and hold the ? (Info) button.
- Press the power button to turn ICD-HP back on.
- Release the ? (Info) button when the display appears. The display will read, “DO NOT DISCONNECT: PLEASE WAIT…” and will show a place for a progress bar.
- Open the zip file on the computer, and double-click the "Setup.exe" file. This will start a small program in a black window. For instructions on How to Unzip a file with your software follow this Support Article Link. The program will prompt you to connect the ICD-HP (if you have not already done so), and press Enter to continue.
- When the update is complete, the ICD-HP display will return to the main menu. The software program will show, “Press any key to end this program”.
- Press any computer key to end the update program.
- You may now disconnect the ICD-HP for field use, or use it on USB power with the new update.
Note: The flash update process may take 2 or 3 minutes. The ICD-HP will stay in bootloader mode for 2 mins and switch back to app mode if there is no bootloading activity. You should have have the files unzipped and ready to go before putting the ICD-HP into bootloader mode. If dissconnected in the middle of an update, just restart the process.
If the ICD-HP is already connected to the computer, turn the ICD-HP power OFF with the power button.
- Press and hold the ( ? ) button. While holding the ( ? ) button, press and release the Power button to turn the ICD-HP back on.
- Open the zip file on the computer, and double-click the Setup.exe file. This will start a small program in a black window. The program will prompt you to connect the ICD_HP (if you have not already done so), and press Enter to continue. The flash update process may take 2 to 3 minutes and characters will appear in the computer window. The progress bar on the ICD-HP will begin to advance. Note: Do not disconnect the ICD-HP before the update is completed! Doing so may leave the ICD-HP unusable.
- When the update is complete, the display will flash that it was successful, and you may now disconnect it.