Software Application: “(“Application”)
Version: December 2020
By downloading the Application to your mobile device and by using the Application, you agree to this Policy with respect to the collection, processing and use of your personal data by Hunter Industries (hereinafter: “we”, “us” or “our”).
2. Scope of data collection
When you download and install the Application on your mobile device, the Application automatically collects information about the type of your mobile device, the type and version of the mobile device operating system. This information helps us administer the Application, analyze its usage, protect the Application and its content from inappropriate use and improve the user experience.
Registration with us may or may not be mandatory in order to be able to use the Application. Upon registration, you may be asked to provide your email address, username and password.
When you use the Application, the types of information we may collect and store include:
- Real Name
- Physical/Mailing address
- E-mail address
- Phone number
- Date of birth or age
- Credit/debit card number
- Purchase information
- Mobile device information
- How you use our sites and mobile applications
- Geo-location and in-store location
- Social media information
- Controller Device Information (e.g., version, configuration, mac addresses, device gateways)
- IP Address
- Mobile ID
- Password information
- Your preferences (e.g., preferred language, time zone)
- visitors to, or users of, its websites;
- prospective and current customers using Hunter hosting and information technology services or other affiliates and service providers
- users of any application, including but not limited to desktop, and or mobile applications (e.g., iOS and Android applications);
- service providers and business partners;
- job applicants; and
- other third parties that it interacts with.
When you download or use our mobile-device applications, or access one of our mobile-optimized websites, we may receive information about your mobile device, including a unique identifier for your device. Some of our mobile services use your device's location information. You can adjust the settings of your mobile device at any time to control whether your device communicates this location information. We may also offer additional controls on our use of your mobile location information.
In some cases, the following (optional) permissions are required to use all functions of the Application:
- W-LAN: an internet connection is required to use the Application
- Notifications (optional): to receive notifications in connection with the Application services, e.g. information about updates or new functions of the Application
- Location (optional or required): to improve the sign up or registration process to add location of products into the Application. Additionally, the location data may be stored either at Hunter or a third-party
3. Basis for Data Processing
The purpose of data processing is to provide a service requested by you or to otherwise perform a contract. The data processing may also be reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you.
4. Purpose of data processing
We use your personal data to provide, maintain and improve our Application services, to communicate with you, and, if you have consented to such use, for marketing purposes.
In particular, we use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To provide, maintain and improve the Application and our services to you
- To inform you about new versions or features of the Application
- To respond to your questions and requests, including your customer service inquiries
- To send you promotional emails about products, services, offers, promotions rewards and events offered by us, our affiliates, or our business partners, provided that you gave your consent to receive such email marketing from us
- To monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with the Application
- To send you notifications or emails related to your use of the Application and the service in general (e.g. technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages)
5. Onward transfer of data to third parties
We will share personal data only in accordance with applicable law. We will not sell or otherwise share your personal data with third parties for their own marketing purposes without your consent.
We may share your personal data with service providers that we use to provide the Application services, e.g. for the hosting of the Application. The respective service provider may only use the data only for providing the services and in accordance with contractual agreements regarding the confidentiality of the data.
We will share your personal data with law enforcement, government representatives or others where required by law. We reserve the right to use your personal data if we believe it is necessary to protect the rights, property, safety of us or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
We may share aggregated data with our business partners and customers. This data cannot be used to identify you.
Tracking and Analytics
This Application uses technology of Google to collect, process and store data for marketing and optimization purposes. This data can be used to create a user profile under a pseudonym. Unless you provide us with your consent, the collected data will not be used to identify you, and it will not be combined with your personal data.
6. Storage period
We will retain your personal data on our systems for as long as you use the Application and for as long as it is necessary to provide you with the service featured by the Application.
If you de-install the Application from your mobile device, all data stored within the Application will be deleted. If you would like to delete your account, submit a Data Subject Request.
7. Data Security
We have implemented reasonable and adequate technical and organizational safeguards to protect your personal data from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure.
8. Data Storage
Please note that we store and process your personal data in systems located within the United States of America and other countries where we do business. We have taken appropriate steps to ensure that your personal data is adequately protected, consistent with the privacy principles set forth under this Policy.
We do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under the age of 18. Any parent or guardian who becomes aware that their child has provided us with information without their consent should submit a Data Subject Request. We will delete such information from our files within a reasonable time after confirmation.
10. Changes to this Policy
WE MAY MODIFY THIS POLICY FROM TIME TO TIME. WHEN WE DO, WE WILL POST THOSE MODIFICATIONS HERE. THE MODIFIED POLICY WILL BE DISPLAYED UPON THE NEXT START OF THE APPLICATION. YOUR CONTINUED USE OF THE APPLICATION AFTER ANY SUCH MODIFICATION MEANS THAT YOU ACCEPT THE MODIFIED POLICY.
11. Your rights
If your personal data are processed, you become a data subject in the meaning of the GDPR. The Data controller (i.e. Hunter Privacy Team Representative) is obliged to extend the following rights to you:
- right of access
- right to erasure
- right to rectification
- right to object
To exercise the rights, please submit a Data Subject Request.
If you have given us your consent for e-mail marketing, you may unsubscribe any time from our e-mail marketing list by clicking the unsubscribe link located at the end of our marketing e-mails, or by making a Data Subject Request.
12. Contact us
You can contact us at any time by submitting a Data Subject Request or by calling the following toll-free number: 866-221-3268
13. Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority
Without prejudice to any further administrative or judicial remedy, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the Member State of your habitual residence, your place of work or the place of the alleged infringement if it is your opinion that the processing of personal data relating to you infringes the GDPR. Hunter Industries complies with privacy laws and in particular the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679, hereafter “GDPR”) and the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (AB 275, Title 1.81.5, hereafter “CCPA”). The GDPR mandates that Hunter Industries protects the Personal Data and privacy of European Union residents. The CCPA mandates that Hunter Industries protects the Personal Data and privacy of California residents. Where these two privacy legal frameworks diverge, we will follow the framework that provides you with a higher degree of privacy.