To prepare the ICD-HP for update:
- Turn the ICD-HP off with its power button.
- Connect the ICD-HP to the computer with the USB cable, while holding in the ? button.
- Continue holding the ? button until the display appears and says “DO NOT DISCONNECT – PLEASE WAIT”. Start the update installer on the computer.
- When the update begins, a progress bar will appear in the ICD-HP display. This update may take several minutes.
- Do not interrupt the update. Allow it to finish completely. The progress bar will fill in, to show approximate status of the update.
The ICD-HP will restart when the update is finished. The Hunter logo will appear and the new version number will be visible in the display.
Note: If the update software is not started within 2 minutes, the ICD-HP will time out of update mode. The “DO NOT DISCONNECT – PLEASE WAIT” message will disappear, and the ICD-HP will return to normal operating mode or turn off if the operating system update was not completed.
You may restart the update mode at any time.
Turn the ICD-HP off with the power button.
Press and hold the ? button, and turn the ICD-HP power on with the power button. Continue holding the ? button until the display re-appears and says “DO NOT DISCONNECT – PLEASE WAIT”. The ICD-HP will now be in flash update mode again.