- Install Eco-Mat with dripline on the top side of the mat.
- Unroll the mat perpendicular to the entry header. Cut the mat with tubing cutters, scissors, or a blade to conform to irrigated space constraints.
- Overlap parallel runs of the mat approximately 6 inches (15 centimeters) over the edges to ensure consistent 14 inches (35 centimeters) on center dripline spacing.
- Install Eco-Mat lateral lines within 4 inches (10 centimeters) of the hardscape edge. Roll excess mat underneath itself or cut to fit the hardscape edge. For sloped installations, lay Eco-Mat parallel to the slope starting at the bottom. Each layer added should overlap the prior downhill mat layer. For best success in assembling the header, build it as each new lateral of Eco-Mat is laid. To maintain a consistent 14 inches (35 centimeters) on center dripline spacing, cut a piece of PVC to the right length to use as a measuring tool as you stake the product to the ground.
- Use sod stakes or fabric pins to secure the mat and prevent displacement.
- Use Eco-Wrap to route through or around trees, rocks, or obstructions existing in irrigated areas.
- Connect dripline laterals to the exhaust manifold. Install a flush valve on the exhaust manifold to provide initial startup system flush and winterization where required.
- Install air vents at system highpoints where air buildup may occur. Install a minimum of one air vent per Eco-Mat zone; multiple air relief valves may be required for irrigated areas with variable elevations.
- For elevation differences greater than 5 feet (1.5 meters), design separate zones or include check valves at every 4.5 feet (1.4 meters) of elevation change.
- The mat can be cut or folded underneath itself to fit irregular-shaped areas. For gently curved areas, cut the fleece mat at minimal intervals to allow the mat to follow the curve. For sharp turns, cut the mat and dripline and add elbow fittings as needed.
- Install the Eco-Indicator off the exhaust manifold for visible indication of system operation and minimal pressure requirements. The Eco-Indicator pops up when the system is pressurized at a minimum of 12 psi (0.8 bar), displaying the yellow color of the stem.
Still need help? We're here.
Tell us what you need support with and we'll find the best solution for you.