- Recommended Eco-Mat installation depth per plant type: Turf: 4-6 inches (10-15 centimeters), Perennials and groundcovers: 8 inches (20 centimeters), Shrubs: 12 inches (30 centimeters.
- Recommended to achieve 80-85 percent compaction rate of soil above and below mat.
- Recommended to scarify soil to a depth of 6 inches (15 centimeters) below mat installation.
- Slightly sandy soil (sandy loam) is ideal when using subsurface drip irrigation - follow recommendations provided by soils report.
- Trees and shrubs with root structures deeper than 12 inches (30 centimeters) should be on a separate zone. Consider a Hunter Root Zone Watering System (RZWS) for these applications.
- Remove objects like sharp-edged stones from the installation area.
- Create an even subgrade.
- Locate water source and position layout header accordingly. Hardscape edge areas are subject to wind, radiant heat, reflected sunlight, and other factors that increase evaporation and plant water needs. Install Eco-Mat lateral lines within 4 inches (10 centimeters) of hardscape edge. Roll excess mat underneath itself or cut to fit hardscape edge. Ensure that all required tools and irrigation components are available prior to laying Eco-Mat. Irrigation components may include, but are not limited to:
Filter required: 120-200 mesh (125-75 microns)
Pressure regulator: 15-50 psi (1.0 to 3.4 bar)
Header and footer pipe
Air relief valve(s)
Commercial-grade cutting shears
Required equipment for excavation