The SC-PROBE measures moisture in the soil and stops watering once the soil reaches the desired moisture level. In this article, you will find instructions on connecting, installing, and programming the SC-PROBE moisture sensor.
- Use P/N SC-PROBE for soil moisture sensing.
- Cut the clear waterproof seal on the gray two wires connected to NODE-BT.
- Remove approximately ½" (1.3 cm) of insulation from each wire. Attach each gray wire to the soil sensor probe. You can mount the soil sensor up to 100' (30 m) from the NODE-BT using 18 AWG (1 mm2 ) minimum wire size. Secure wire connections with waterproof connectors.
For information on installing the soil sensor probe in the ground, please visit section here.
- Enable the soil moisture sensor (only when Probe is installed). MORE > CONTROLLER SETTINGS > SOIL MOISTURE SENSOR.
- Select TURN ON.
- Determine adequate moisture in the soil and set a value for the shutoff point which will suspend irrigation until the moisture in the soil is below the trip level. SAVE the trip level before exciting the screen.
- The scale is 0-100 with 0 being very dry and 100 being very wet. Monitor the soil over a few days to find the perfect balance. The current moisture level reading displayed in the app aids in finding the balance and is accurate at the time of refreshing for an update.
Still need help? We're here.
Tell us what you need support with and we'll find the best solution for you.