The fastest way to learn how to assemble grooved fittings is to search YouTube for Grooved Fittings or Victaulic Fittings. Here is a good example: http://youtu.be/OitAzqJLJMA
- Lightly lubricate the gasket with approved pipe gasket lubricant. The gasket and fittings can also be lubricated for assembly with a mild solution of dish soap and water.
- Slide the gasket over the end of the first fitting to be connected. The gasket must not protrude or extend beyond the edge of the fitting.
- Place the second fitting to be connected in position against the first fitting. The fittings must be held together in this position for the next step.
- Slide the gasket over and center it between the grooves of the two fittings to be connected.
- Press each coupling half onto the gasket and squeeze together.
- Install bolts and nuts. Tighten evenly alternating sides until securely tightened. Coupling halves must come together and make complete contact.
- Nuts should be facing upwards for ease of future service. Optionally apply grease to subdue rust.