When assembling grooved Victaulic type fittings to create the ST Manifold, approved pipe gasket lubricant can be used to aid the assembly process, but it is not required.
- Slide the gasket over the end of the first fitting to be connected. The gasket must not protrude or extend beyond the edge of the fitting.
- Place the second fitting to be connected in position against the first fitting. The fittings must be held together in this position for the next step.
- Slide the gasket over and center it between the grooves of the two fittings to be connected.
- Press each coupling half onto the gasket and squeeze them together.
- Fasten the bolts and nuts to the coupling. Tighten evenly, alternating sides until securely tightened.
Coupling halves must come together and make complete contact. Be sure the nuts are facing upwards for ease of future service, and as an option, apply grease to subdue rust.
Still need help? We're here.
Tell us what you need support with and we'll find the best solution for you.